Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What I've been up to Lately



That's Me, Victor Lewis and Alison Corbett playing a little set at The Eastern Edge Gallery a couple of weeks ago. Ahhhh.. I remember a time when I used to play music in public a lot.. I got to get back on the go with shows. Anybody need an opening act?
Blogging, Mastering other peoples albums and not working have gotten in the way of my productivity lately. I will eventually get an album done. sometime..
This poor neglected blogspace....boo hoo..
I figured I'd give all you people who still follow me on this RSS feed and haven't switched over to my new one yet an update on what I've been doing in my new Scope home over the last few weeks. While also telling you to GO LOOK AT MY FRIGGIN' NEW BLOG!
  • Then I did a piece on visiting awesome Yukon based songwriting duo The Spring Breakup (who I was playing with the night of the video above).
I then did my most ambitious concert blogging effort ever with a mighty three part post about the Mt Eerie/Julie Doiron show at the George Street United church.
  • Part 1 was a 3 video post of local opening act Danny Keating who played awesome.
  • Part 2 was a 4 video post of Julie Doiron and fellow Sackviller "Calm Down it's Monday"
  • And Part 3 was a 4 video post of Mount Eerie, whom I have been a long time fan.
I got the 24 Hour Art Marathon coming up this weekend which is always the highlight of my year and I'm really excited about it. I'm gonna tackle a 4' by 5' painting this year so I'm gonna be worn out (but not too warn out to not take some vids).
Also, tomorrow is Night Music at The Ship with the Cara Coleman Band (and possible a mini reunion of The Origin of The Sound Band (Woo!)) and it's also Trailercamp's big reunion show, so I'll probably be editing shit for a fortnight at least.
Anyway, that's my life from the last few weeks. Stay tuned for more of the same.
Cheers